Mike and I had a weekend to ourselves in Philly thanks to Ashley and her roomies Megan and Heidi. They took care of Logan and Eric and Mike and I got to do things that don't easily involve car seats and a 7 year old and 4 year old. We also got to visit our favorite restaurant and check another Melting Pot off of our list. We've visited quite a few in many different cities and almost always enjoy them. We do compare the service at each one since typically they have fabulous service. 
We toured the Submarine Becunda and USS Olympia on the Delaware River.

We pretended that we were Popeye the Sailor Man at the Seaport Museum.
If you watch the Food Network, you might be familiar with Deliah's. She has won lots of awards for her Mac and Cheese and has been on Throwdown and Challenge and others. She was actually not working at her restaurant but I noticed that she came by to talk to her employees and wanted to take her picture put what too chicken to ask her. She didn't have makeup on or her hair done so I thought she might say no to me. I took a picture of her back instead. Wow! I'm brave. It isn't like she's Cher or something but I was just a chicken.

We didn't eat at Delilah's but we did sit at her place while I ate a crepe and Mike had a muffin for breakfast. This was at the Reading Terminal Market which was right across the street from the Marriot that we stayed at. The map tiles below are from a geography game that Mike and I played. We used to really enjoy playing games and just don't do it much anymore. We brought the game with us and had a good time playing it. We actually played this game once on New Year's Eve. Sounds boring to most people, I'm sure, but we have fun with it.

We didn't eat at Delilah's but we did sit at her place while I ate a crepe and Mike had a muffin for breakfast. This was at the Reading Terminal Market which was right across the street from the Marriot that we stayed at. The map tiles below are from a geography game that Mike and I played. We used to really enjoy playing games and just don't do it much anymore. We brought the game with us and had a good time playing it. We actually played this game once on New Year's Eve. Sounds boring to most people, I'm sure, but we have fun with it.
Mike and I got to go to a video presentation at Independence National Historic Park Visitor's Center. Basically, the only reason we did this is that this is always a hassle with the kids when we visit National Parks and want to see the films. We either have to go in shifts, only one of us gets to see the film, or we don't go. We got to sit and listen to the film without ANY interruptions. It was great!







No comments:
Post a Comment