Sunday, April 4, 2010

Logan's feeding update



I just wanted to share a few photos of Logan eating new things. He is really doing amazing with his eating. I was so concerned when he got the stomach flu twice in just a little over a week, RIGHT after finishing the training with the Feeding Clinic. However, he has really done wonderfully well. In the picture directly above, he is eating a lollipop. In the past, he had been interested in them and held them, but couldn't bring himself to actually lick one. When we went to Comcast a couple weeks ago, he and Eric were offered lollipops and they BOTH ate them. It was so cool!

The pictures on the top are at our church today. They had a food court of different items. There wasn't a ton that Logan could eat, because several things had either eggs, or mayo (which is made of eggs) but Logan got some pretzels (old standard) and grapes. Grapes are a new food for him since the feeding clinic.

Today for Easter dinner, we decided to fondue filet mignon (since I'm still sick of turkey) and I also made oven roasted potatoes and some other things. Both of these are new foods for Logan) Anyway, without even being asked, Logan ate the potatoes and then ate the meat too. This still really pulls at my emotions when I look at him eating the same foods that the entire family is eating. It is such a blessing that I don't think you can really understand unless you've been making a different meal for a member of your family FOREVER.

I just want to say thank you AGAIN to Laura from the feeding clinic. She has given us the opportunity to have a normal family dinner and it has been so awesome to hear Eric do a head count where he says, "Daddy, Mommy, Logan and Eric...Whole family" as we are sitting down to a meal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment